At the heart of our Onion Industry, there’s a steadfast commitment to growth, quality, and innovation. Our industry friends and subscribers recognize the importance of ensuring that our collective voice is not only heard but heeded by those who can shape the future. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is offering an opportunity to actively participate in molding the policies and services that affect our industry.
In line with the Federal Advisory Committee Act, the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) has announced the upcoming meeting of the Fruit and Vegetable Industry Advisory Committee. This event is a significant platform designed to address the diverse array of issues within the fruit and vegetable industry. It’s an opportunity to share your concerns and provide valuable insights that can shape the future of the U.S. produce industry. By participating, you are contributing to the growth and development of our onion industry too.
- Location: Green Door Gourmet, 7007 River Rd. Pike, Nashville, TN 37209
- Meeting Dates:
- Day 1 (Half): November 02, 2023, from 8:30 am CT to approximately 11:00 am CT, with an opportunity for public comments, both in-person and virtually.
- Day 2 (Full): November 03, 2023, from 8:30 am CT to approximately 5:00 pm CT.
How to Participate:
- Registration is required to participate in-person and virtually.
- The meeting is open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis, but please note that in-person space is limited to 20 seats.
- Written public comments will be accepted by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 23, 2023, via http://www.regulations.gov: Document # AMS-SC-23-0045.
- Persons or organizations wishing to make oral comments must pre-register by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 23, 2023, and can register for only one speaking slot.
- Register in advance for this webinar: Webinar Registration Link
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This USDA-sponsored meeting is your chance to make a difference in the Onion Industry. Your insights, experiences, and concerns are the building blocks of a stronger, more resilient industry. Let’s come together and make our voices heard!Top of Form